Parents of Children with Special Needs Support Group
Catskill Secondary Schools Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO)
President: Georgianna Street
Vice President: Betty Kimmel
Secretary: Skyler Kimmel
Treasurer: Karen Haas
Home # is 943-3690, Cell # is 929-2197
FaceBook page is "CatskillPTSO"
Click to read the following resources:
- Catskill CSD Parent Accountability Letter
- For information on the Catskill MS/HS PTSO, please Click Here
- For information on the Catskill Elementary School PTA, please Click Here
- Click here to access the Catskill Music Parent and Student Association Website.
- Click here to access the Booster Club Website.
- Click here to access the National Honor Sociey FAQ
Did You Know . . . . . Catskill has Adult GED classes?
Click here to find out more information.
- Policy 1900 Title I Parental Involvement
- Catskill CSD Cyberbullying Website
- To find if the school district has closed due to inclement weather for-early closings, delayed openings, school closings, click here for Resources For 2012-2013 Early Closings, Delayed Openings, School Closings & AlertNow Information .
- District Wide Resource Center
The H1N1 Update Information
Information for Parents & Students
What to do if you feel sick
H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) Outbreak -Information and Resource
Action Steps for Parents to Protect Your Child and Family from the Flu this School Year
The Use of Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizers in Public Schools.
Information Letter from the Supt.-Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
The Schooltool Student Information System's Parent Portal will allow you to see your
child's grades, interim reports, report cards, schedule, demographics, attendance and discipline records. Keep in contact with your child's teachers, guidance counselors, and principals through quick and easy email links.
Please click below to view the Common Core Assessment Video Series
- Video- for Parents and Families about the Common Core Assessments* (Video for about the Common Core Standards and the upcoming Grade 3-8 state assessments in English Language Arts and Math )
- Video- What Should Parents Know About the New Common Core Assessments? *
- Video How Do the Common Core Assessments Fit into our Children's Education?*
Please click below for Resources for Common Core
- Toolkit for Parent Engagement available on EngageNY at http://engageny.org/resource/planning-a-parent-workshop-toolkit-for-parent-engagement. *
- Common Core Shifts for Students and Parents *These practical guides (In English and Spanish) provide steps that parents can take to improve their child’s learning of the Common Core.
- What Do Parents Need to Know? * A series published by Education Northwest to keep regional stakeholders informed about the Common Core initiative.
- Parents’ Guide to Student Success* The Parents’ Guide to Student Success was developed by the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in response to the Common Core Standards*. The National PTA® created the guides in English and Spanish for grades K-8 and two for grades 9-12 (one for English language arts/literacy and one for mathematics).
- Common Core for Families * A website maintained by the New York City Department of Education that provides Common Core resources in several languages.
- A Parent’s Guide to the Common Core Standards * A helpful article on Education.com that provides an explanation of the Common Core for parents.
- New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards* The New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy and the New York State Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics include all of the national Common Core State Standards, in addition to the New York-recommended additions approved by the Board of Regents on January 10, 2011. New York State also added Prekindergarten standards.
- Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core Standards - Mathematics *These roadmaps from the Council of the Great City Schools provide guidance to parents about what their child will learn in mathematics and how they can help support their child's learning in grades K-8.
- P-12 Common Core Parent Brochure*
- Five Strategies to Help Beginning ELLs Meet the Common Core by Paul Boyd-Batstone, Ph.D.