Below are resources for Catskill Central School District Staff Members:
* Denotes you will leave the Catskill CSD website.
Below is a list of key resources on EngageNY.org designed to assist educators with the implementation of the Common Core.
- The New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards in ELA and Mathematics*
Read the standards organized by grade level in both English language arts and math.
- The Common Core Shifts * These resources explain the six instructional shifts in ELA and math needed to effectively implement the Common Core.
- Memo regarding the Implementation of the Common Core* The State Education Department sent this memo to school administrators providing an update on Common Core implementation.
- Common Core Curriculum Materials in ELA and Math* Access free Common Core-aligned curriculum materials, including lesson plans and performance tasks, in ELA and math.
- Common Core Assessment Design* View Item Review Criteria and additional guidance resources designed to guide test question development on the Grades 3-8 ELA and math assessments.
- Test Guides and Sample Questions* for Grades 3-8 ELA and Math Assessments The test guides and sample questions demonstrate how the Common Core will be measured on the 2013 assessments.
- Text List for P-12 ELA*The Text List for P-12 ELA contains all the full-length books, articles, excerpts and other texts to be used in the ELA curriculum modules on EngageNY.
- Tri-State Quality Review Rubric and Rating Process*The Tri-State Collaborative (composed of educational leaders from Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island and facilitated by Achieve) has developed criterion-based rubrics and review processes to evaluate the quality of lessons and units intended to address the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and ELA/Literacy.
- Workbook for Network Team Implementation of Common Core, Data Driven Instruction, and APPR* This workbook is designed to assist Network Teams, District Superintendents and superintendents in their ongoing Common Core, Data Driven Instruction, and APPR implementation efforts.
- Evidence Collection Tools for Classroom Use* The purpose of these tools is to capture evidence of the shifts in practice in each of our classrooms. The results of this collection can play a key role in providing evidence-based feedback in general and as it relates to APPR specifically.
- Common Core Video Library^-Watch how educators are bringing the Common Core to life in their classrooms.
Common Core in ELA/Literacy
1. Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: An Overview*
2. Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: Getting Started*
3. Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: Shift 1: PK-5: Balancing Informational Text and Literature*
4. Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: Shift 2: 6-12 – Building Knowledge in the Disciplines*
5. Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: Shift 3 – Staircase of Complexity*
6. Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: Shift 4 – Text Based Answers*
7. Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: Shift 5 – Writing from Sources*
8. Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: Shift 6 – Academic Vocabulary*
Common Core in Mathematics
1. Common Core in Mathematics: Overview*
2. Common Core in Mathematics: Getting Started*
3. Common Core in Mathematics: Shift 1 – Focus*
4. Common Core in Mathematics: Shifts 2-6*