Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention students and faculty from Catskill High School attended the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention (AFSP) “Out of the Darkness” Walk held at Dutchman’s Landing on September 14. The AFSP community walks have created a movement that gives people the courage to open up about their own struggle or loss, and the opportunity to change our culture’s approach to mental health. The walks also raise funds to:
- provide support to those who have lost someone to suicide through programs like the Survivor Outreach Program and International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day
- Save lives by advocating for smart mental health legislation
- bring the Interactive Screening Program to local colleges and workplaces
- deliver suicide prevention education programs in communities across the U.S.
- fund innovative research that will save lives.
Thanks to the support of our school and community, our Yellow Ribbon Team was one of the top ten fundraising teams! Donations will continue to be accepted until December 31, 2019.