Great things are happening at Catskill Central School District and you can play a role in the future of our schools! The CCSD Board of Education will have three seats up for election in 2020 – if you are interested in making a difference by serving your school and community, please consider running for the Board.
Not sure where to start? The New York State School Board Association provides a number of great resources for prospective candidates, which can be accessed by following the links below.
- The School Board Member Experience, NYSSBA
- Running for the School Board, NYSSBA
- The School Board Member Experience: Frequently Asked Questions
- New School Board Member Handbook: A Guide to Surviving Your First Year
- Today’s School Boards & Their Priorities for Tomorrow, NSBA and K12 Insight National Survey, 2018
Who Can Run for the Board?
School board candidates must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old, qualified voters in our School District, and able to read and write. They must be residents of the Catskill Central School District continuously for at least one year before the election. They cannot be employed by the Board on which they will serve or live in the same household with a family member who is also a member of the same school board.
Important Dates for Board Candidates
March 1, 2020 – Nominating petitions become available from the Board Clerk (8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. business days)
April 20, 2020 – Deadline to file nominating petitions with the Board Clerk
May 19, 2020 – Budget Vote & Board Election Day