Last Thursday, stakeholders from our Health and Safety, SAVE and Results Teams met virtually to have conversations regarding the reopening of school. The conversations focused on social-emotional support needed for students and staff, PPEs, daily sanitizing of the buildings, scheduling, transportation, etc. Many ideas were shared and questions were posed and / or answered. We are creating several options on how students will receive support and continued learning in the fall. The District is awaiting guidance from the Governor and the CDC. Nevertheless, planning is in place and all options are being explored.
Some options included: traditional face to face instruction, an A / B schedule , virtual and / or blended instruction.
Nothing can replace in-person instruction. Our students thrive through socialization and interacting with their peers. Many of our students have lost that competitive drive.
A ThoughtExchange survey was provided to stakeholder groups throughout 37 BOCES across the state. One of the common themes included that, “In-person instruction is very important and we need to figure out a way to make this happen safely and as quickly as possible.” (Please see the attached).
The ThoughtExchange survey and meeting notes are attached for your review. The next Reopen to School Committee Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm via Zoom. Please contact the Superintendent’s Office at (518) 943-4696 if you would like to participate in the planning process. Additional meetings will take place in July and August.