In accordance with the New York State Education Law the Catskill Central School District may use pesticides periodically throughout the school year. The School District maintains a list of persons in parental relation, faculty and staff who wish to receive 48 hours prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
- A school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72 hours following an application
- Anti-microbial products
- Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper-resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children
- Nonvolatile insecticide baits in tamper-resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children
- Silica gel and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams or gels in areas inaccessible to children
- Boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate
- The application of EPA-designated biopesticides
- The application of EPA-designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps and hornets.
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48 hour prior notification list.
If you would like to receive 48 hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your school, please contact the district Business Office at 518-943-2300.