The Catskill CSD Board of Education is seeking an exceptional superintendent to make a long-term commitment to our rural-urban school district located in New York’s Hudson Valley. This individual will be the face of our school district’s mission and goals and work in partnership with the Board and others to serve the diverse needs of our students and families.
The preferred characteristics of the successful candidate will include:
- Experience as a teacher, building principal, central office administrator or superintendent (and is certified or eligible for certification as a NYS school district administrator).
- Experience working in a similar school system and familiarity with Catskill and Greene County.
- A clear vision for excellence and the ability to collaboratively develop, communicate and implement that vision.
- A leadership style built upon integrity, trust, transparency, enthusiasm, compassion, and mutual respect.
- The ability to inspire and motivate others to sustain an environment of excitement and pride in which all students and staff can learn and grow together.
- The willingness to be highly visible in the school community, interacting with students and staff and attending night and weekend events.
- Outstanding communication skills and the willingness to consider diverse opinions while mediating and resolving conflict when necessary.
- A demonstrated record of developing and sustaining organizational structures that support clear expectations for responsibility and accountability.
- The ability to attract and retain highly qualified staff, mentor and energize a strong administrative team, and serve as a role model for others.
- A commitment to long-term planning and growth, including the need to be innovative, flexible, and optimistic in an ever-changing environment.
The Board will offer a competitive salary ranging from $168,000 to $188,000 with attractive benefits negotiated on professional qualifications and demonstrated experience.
Please send a letter of interest, completed application with essay, current resume, academic transcripts, and copies of administrative certification(s) to Dr. Gladys I. Cruz, District Superintendent, Questar III BOCES, 10 Empire St. Blvd., Castleton, NY 12033. Email: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is November 17, 2022. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Board Seeks Volunteers for Stakeholder Advisory Committee
As part of our superintendent search process, we are seeking to engage a Stakeholder Advisory Committee representing teachers, staff, administrators and community members to assist the Board with interviewing candidates for the position. Please contact our Board Clerk Judy Kusminsky at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 11, 2022 if you would like to be considered for this interview committee. Learn more…
Superintendent Search Community Survey