March 30, 2021
Dear Catskill Middle School Families,
The Middle School will be holding the New York State ELA and Math Assessments for students in Grades 6-8, and the Intermediate Science Exam for Grade 8. These assessments will not be used to assess teacher or student performance, but to provide us with a benchmark of areas where students need support.
This year, all of the assessments will consist of only one session per subject area, with ELA and Math consisting of multiple choice only, and Science a combination of multiple choice and short answer questions.
We are encouraging all of our students to take the assessments and are scheduling test days to accommodate our Hybrid and Virtual students.
Please note that these assessments can only be taken in person.
If your student is a virtual student and you are interested in them taking the assessments, please contact the main office at 518-943-5665 or let us know at by April 14th. Transportation will be provided.
The schedule for assessments is as follows:
ELA Assessments (Gr. 6-8):
- Hybrid Students Only –April 20th
- Virtual Students Only –April 21st (9:00-11:30 a.m. – Transportation provided by request)
Math Assessments (Gr. 6-8):
- Hybrid Students Only -May 4th
- Virtual Students Only -May 5th (9:00-11:30 a.m. – Transportation provided by request)
Science Assessment (Gr. 8):
- Hybrid Students Only -June 7th
- Virtual Students Only -June 9th (9:00-11:30 a.m. – Transportation provided by request)
Students who are enrolled in Algebra and Living Environment will receive information about the June Regents in their classes.
Please call my office if you have questions or concerns that I can address. Wishing you continued safety and health,
Principal, Catskill Middle School