The Board of Education is the governing body of the Catskill Central School District. The nine members of the Board volunteer their services without pay for three-year terms. Members are elected at-large by school district voters at the annual election held by New York State law on the third Tuesday of May. The Board President and Vice President are elected by the members of the Board at the first Board meeting of the fiscal year in July.
Board members for the 2023-2024 school year
|Ryan Osswald||Vice President|
Meeting Information and Materials Now on BoardDocs
The Catskill Central School District uses BoardDocs, a web-based board management system that provides an easy-to-use platform for school districts to enhance communication, transparency and productivity while reducing costs associated with a paper-based system. Members of the public are able to access agendas, minutes and meeting materials 24/7 through Catskill CSD’s BoardDocs portal. Agendas and presentation materials will be available on BoardDocs the day before a scheduled Board meeting. Board policies will be available through BoardDocs in the future.
As of October 17, 2018, meeting information and materials will be posted exclusively on BoardDocs.
The Board of Education is responsible to act in the public interest to:
- Set a vision for the district;
- Establish goals for continuous improvement in academic performance and district governance;
- Evaluate district program effectiveness in meeting goals;
- Hire and evaluate the performance of an effective Superintendent of Schools and work as a team with him/her to provide educational leadership;
- Prepare and approve the annual budget that most effectively meets educational needs with the available resources and present to the voters for their approval;
- Establish policies to provide rules for the governance of the district; and
- Communicate the needs and performance of district programs with the community and address the community’s needs and concerns regarding the functioning of the school district.
The Board of Education is responsible for establishing all policies for the District. These policies function as the “laws” of the District and are administered by the Superintendent of Schools.
Please direct any comments or questions regarding policies to the Superintendent of Schools, attention of Board Clerk, at 518-943-4696 or 343 W. Main St., Catskill, NY 12414.
Board of Education Annual Election
The voters of the District have approved a system of walk-in voter registration from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday on days when the District Offices are open, at the District Clerk’s Office, 343 West Main Street, Catskill, NY.