This year’s annual school budget vote & board election is May 16, 2023.
The Catskill Central School District Board of Education will have three seats up for election in 2023:
- Expiring term of Deborah Johnson (current incumbent) – the candidate elected to this seat will serve a three-year term: July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2026
- Expiring term of Ryan Osswald (current incumbent) – the candidate elected to this seat will serve a three-year term: July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2026
- Expiring term of Zebulun Haggerty (Brittney Williams current incumbent) – the candidate elected to this seat will serve a three-year term: July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2026
The three candidates with the highest numbers of votes will fill these three terms.
Want to Run for the Board?
School board candidates must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old, qualified voters in our School District, and able to read and write. They must be residents of the Catskill Central School District continuously for at least one year before the election. They cannot be employed by the Board on which they will serve or live in the same household with a family member who is also a member of the same school board.
Nominating petitions will be available starting March 1, 2023 from the Board Clerk in the superintendent’s office (8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. business days). The deadline to file completed nominating petitions with the Board Clerk is April 17, 2023.
Considering running? The New York State School Board Association provides a number of great resources for prospective candidates, which can be accessed by following the links below.
- The School Board Member Experience, NYSSBA
- Running for the School Board, NYSSBA
- The School Board Member Experience: Frequently Asked Questions
- New School Board Member Handbook
Questions? Contact CCSD Board Clerk Judy Kusminsky at 518-943-4696 or email@example.com
School Budget Vote
Information on the proposed 2023-24 school budget is available on our Budget Information page.