This page will be updated throughout the Long Range Strategic Planning process.
In the fall of 2023, the District embarked on a comprehensive planning process facilitated the Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA). The goal of this partnership is to identify the District’s strengths, address challenges, and chart a course for the future that aligns with the evolving needs of our students and community.
Specific, Measurable Goals
As we move forward, the creation of specific, measurable, and attainable goals will be a central focus. These goals will serve as a clear and tangible framework for our efforts over the coming years. Our commitment is to foster an environment that not only meets the immediate needs of our students but also prepares them for the challenges and opportunities of the future.
Mission & Vision Statements
We intend to revisit and refine our mission and vision statements as part of this strategic planning process. These statements are the foundation of our identity as a school district and should reflect our collective values, aspirations, and commitment to excellence. By updating these statements, we aim to rebrand our district and reinforce our dedication to providing a world-class education for every student.
A Five-Phase Approach
Our strategic planning process is guided by a comprehensive five-phase approach that encompasses the following key elements:
1. Data Collection
In the initial phase, we will focus on gathering a wealth of data to inform our decision-making process. This involves a thorough examination of academic performance, demographic trends, community feedback, and other pertinent information. The insights gleaned from this data will lay the foundation for a holistic understanding of our district’s current state and potential areas for improvement.
2. SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) Analysis
Building on the data collected, we will conduct a comprehensive SWOT analysis. This process allows us to identify and leverage our district’s strengths, address weaknesses, explore potential opportunities, and develop strategies to mitigate potential threats. The SWOT analysis serves as a vital tool in shaping our strategic priorities.
3. Mission Vision Goals
With a clear understanding of our district’s landscape, we will engage stakeholders in collaborative discussions to revisit and refine our mission and vision statements. These statements, along with the identification of specific, measurable, and attainable goals, serve as the guiding principles for our strategic planning efforts. They encapsulate our collective aspirations and commitment to excellence.
4. Strategic Action Plan
The development of a detailed Strategic Action Plan is currently underway. This plan will outline the specific initiatives and interventions required to achieve our identified goals. It will serve as a roadmap, guiding our district through the implementation of strategic priorities and ensuring that our efforts are focused, intentional, and aligned with our mission and vision.
5. Goal Monitoring and Revision
Our commitment to continuous improvement is reflected in the final phase of our strategic planning process. We will establish a robust system for monitoring progress toward our goals, regularly assessing our performance, and making necessary revisions to adapt to evolving circumstances. This iterative approach ensures that our strategic plan remains dynamic and responsive to the ever-changing needs of our students and community.
Community Stakeholder Forums
We understand the importance of transparency and collaboration in this process, and we encourage your continued involvement and feedback. We will be hosting forums for all stakeholder groups, surveys, and meetings to ensure that your voices are heard and considered throughout the development of the Long Range Strategic Plan.
Below please find the timeline for this process. All stakeholders are encouraged to attend their appropriate forum and all stakeholders are encouraged to attend the Board of Education Forum, which is open to the public.
January 18, 2024
- Community Forum 6:00-7:00 pm – Catskill High School Library – Meeting for Community members that do not have children in the district or parents who cannot attend the parent forum
January 24, 2024
- Administration Forum 3:40-4:40 pm – Catskill High School Library – Meeting for all Catskill CSD supervisors and administrators
- Parent Forum 5:00-6:00 pm – Catskill High School Library – Meeting for all parents of the Catskill CSD
- Board of Education Forum 6:30-7:30 pm – Catskill High School Library – BOE workshop meeting
January 31, 2024
- Elementary Staff Forum 8:00-8:45 am – Catskill Elementary School Library – Meeting for all staff who work at CES
- High School Student Forum 10:35 am-12:00 pm – Catskill High School Cafeteria – Meetings during CHS lunch periods for students
- Middle School Student Forum 12:05-12:45 pm – Catskill High School Cafeteria – Meeting during CMS lunch period for students
February 5, 2024
- Secondary Staff Forum 2:30-3:15 pm – Catskill High School Auditorium – Meeting for all staff at CHS and CMS